01 CSV File Format
The CSV format is the most common data format and most programs should be able to export to this text-based format. For example, in Microsoft Excel, a spreadsheet can be converted to a CSV file by selecting the CSV file type from the Save As dialog. The first row can optionally contain column headers describing the contents of the data in each column. This is recommended but not required.
The exact set of columns in the CSV file and their order are flexible, since you will have a chance to rearrange them when importing the data.
When initializing your inventory data into the system, Import is a feature that allows the user to upload multiple entries into the database. First, the user must prepare a CSV file containing all the data. Import Inventory uploads the item’s details such as barcodes and measurements. Import QTY uploads a file containing each item’s count regarding stock inventory.
Please be sure to follow the formats below as examples.
Take note of the following requirements:
1. Create a Category first to cover all types of items.
2. If there are no records of the item, the import will create a new one.
3. there are records, the import will update existing entries.
The CSV Format
• Each record is one line – Line separator may be LF (0x0A) or CRLF (0x0D0A), a line separator may also be embedded in the data (making a record more than one line but still acceptable).
• Fields are separated with commas.
• Leading and trailing whitespace is ignored – Unless the field is delimited with double-quotes in that case the whitespace is preserved.
• Embedded commas – Field must be delimited with double-quotes.
• Embedded double-quotes – Embedded double-quote characters must be doubled, and the field must be delimited with double-quotes.
• Embedded line-breaks – Fields must be surrounded by double-quotes.
• Always Delimiting – Fields may always be delimited with double quotes, the delimiters will be parsed and discarded by the reading applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it acceptable to Import items without the other fields or attributes:
No, all attributes shown in the sample format are to be filled up. Files with missing attributes or details may cause errors once uploaded into the system.
2. Is it possible to undo the uploaded CSV file:
No, you cannot undo an uploaded csv file. However, you can update the details of the items uploaded.
• Take note that the BARCODE HAS NO SPACES
• Please make sure your CSV file can be readable by notepad
• Please make sure that the AMOUNT of the SELLING PRICE/ NUMBER has NO COMMA
• Remove SINGLE and DOUBLE QUOTE. This may broke the POS Name and search display and other features
• Please make sure that the barcode and name of an item has no special characters to avoid delays on fetching data.